Partnerships within the Faculty take many forms, serving varied and multiple purposes. Formal and informal partnerships have been forged with government departments and agencies, public and private hospitals, private industry, advocacy organisations and groups, professional bodies, and community groups.
The types of partnerships include:
- Joint professorial appointments
- Clinical/student placements
- Course advisory board membership
- Student and staff mobility
- Guest lecturing
One of the most dynamic forms of a partnership is a research centre. The Faculty has four research centres which have been established with the collaboration and/or funding from a partner.
- The WHO Collaborating Centre for Obesity Prevention
- Centre for Rural Emergency Medicine
- National Centre for Farmer Health
- Metabolic Research Unit
Sponsorship and donations