Enrolment and refund policies
University enrolment policy (opens in a new window)
Enrolment in the PDU
Enrolment in the PDU is accepted when:
- An application form is accurately completed
- Evidence of qualifications and current registration, as applicable, are provided
- Fees for the selected learning packages(s) are paid in full prior to commencement of semester
- The application is lodged by the due closing date for applications.
Deakin University census date
The DU census date is the last date when students may intermit or withdraw from
study without incurring a financial or academic penalty.
The Census dates please see Handbook for important dates.
Change of enrolment
Intermission from a learning package
Intermission is the approved suspension of study after a student
in a learning package. Intermission can be granted for one trimester only. Only in extraordinary
circumstances may up to a year of intermission be granted.
Intermission of studies to another trimester must occur prior to the
Census date. Intermission following the Census date will not be granted. Students
will need to re-enrol and pay the full fee rate relevant to that trimester. Approval may be given to intermit for a period of time when:
- the application for intermission is made by submission of an Enrolment
Variation Form. Please call the PDU on +61 3 92517776 if you require this form.
- the application
form is lodged with the PDU up until the Census date in the
relevant trimester in which the student is currently enrolled.
Intermission following the Census date will not be granted. Students
will need to re-enrol and pay the full fee rate relevant to that trimester.
Students who intermit retain study materials already provided. No new materials
be provided when the student returns to study. The student will receive a
copy of the Enrolment Variation Form once it has been approved and processed.
Withdrawal from study
Withdrawal is the formal termination by a student of enrolment in a learning package.
A student who has withdrawn may resume studies at a future date upon re-application
to the PDU and payment of the appropriate fees. Provided the student informs
the PDU in writing of their intention to withdraw, the refund policy
withdrawal from studies after enrolment but before Census date.
The PDU will refund fees paid by students when the specific circumstances expressed
in the following apply:
100% refund for withdrawal from a learning package prior to the Census date (See
Census dates above)
- No refund for withdrawal from a learning package after the Census date
- Refunds of 50% or 100% are available dependent on the dates you withdraw (contact the PDU for more information)
- No refund for withdrawal
from a learning package after the Census date
Refund of fees for cancellation of a learning package
- Learning packages will only be offered subject to minimum enrolments.
- 100% refund
of fees is made if the learning package is not offered.
Back to top