Time lines for HEAG-H applications
- HEAG-H aims to provide a response to researchers within 30 days of submission.
- Many applications require some amendments, clarifications or corrections which may extend the time frame for ethics approval.
- You can assist in making the process as smooth as possible by avoiding common problems that are made. The easiest applications to process are fully signed, include all necessary attachments and give all details of the project written in clear, simple language (without jargon).
- Low risk applications are welcome at any time and will be reviewed by circulation.
- Higher than low risk applications must be submitted to the DU-HREC subject to their published deadlines.
- Projects that are exempt from ethics approval must be submitted using the correct form, to the DU-HREC
- Yes. HEAG-H will notify researchers if an application is higher than low risk. It is then the responsibility of the researchers to resubmit their application to DUHREC using the correct forms, for example the NEAF.
- If a researcher considers their project of higher than low risk, they should apply for ethics approval directly to DUHREC.
- The Human Ethics Quickstart Tool can assist with risk assessment.