Welcome to Public Health Innovation
Public Health Innovation (PHI) was established in the Population Health Strategic Research Centre at Deakin University in 2009. Our role is to work with health consumers, health practitioners, health organisations, and government, locally and internationally, using innovative research and evaluation approaches to assist people, particularly those whose needs are not being met by existing services.
The PHI team has a strong track record in:
- Chronic disease self-management support training and its evaluation
- Measuring health literacy and using these findings to make service changes
- Grounded approaches to innovation
- Implementation of public health innovations
- Concept mapping as a tool in measurement and service redesign
- Tailoring programs to suit the context of delivery
- Development, implementation and evaluation of complex interventions
Come and visit us, either online or in person. You will find passionate research and researchers, committed to academic excellence and even more committed to making a substantive difference in our communities through Public Health Innovation.
Professor of Public Health
Director, Public Health Innovation
221 Burwood Highway
Burwood Victoria 3125
Phone: (+61 3) 924 46292