Human Resources Division


If you are injured

If You are Injured at Work (658 KB)

WorkCover and insurance

The University is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for its staff, students and visitors. The Health Wellbeing and Safety Group assists the University in meeting this obligation by providing a range of technical, consultancy and administrative services. This includes assisting managers in the rehabilitation and return to work of injured workers and administering WorkCover claims. The Group can also assist with Transport Accident Commission (TAC) claims.

Please view the following documents in relation to WorkCover:

Rehabilitation and Return to Work

The University's policy is to provide injured staff members with rehabilitation enabling them to return to suitable duties as soon as possible, consistent with medical advice. More details are provided in the OHS Manual: Occupational Rehabilitation Program and the Return to Work Standard. (54 KB)

Further information can be obtained from WorkSafe: Returning to work - A guide for injured workers.

Student accident insurance

Deakin University acknowledges the traditional land owners of present campus sites.

3rd July 2013