Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme (ITAS)
Information for Students and Tutors
Hello and welcome to the ITAS information page. You can find links here to forms and other documentation you might need, as well as contact details for the ITAS support team at The Institute of Koorie Education.
We, the ITAS support team, hope that you are enjoying your studies, and encourage you to maintain regular contact with your ITAS tutor, if you have one. If you do not have an ITAS tutor, and you would like the Institute will locate and assign one to you, please contact Anna Tsiantas here at the Institute. Following this we will begin the process of matching you with a tutor who lives close by. If you already have a suitably qualified person in mind, and that person has agreed to tutor you on a regular basis, please contact the ITAS team and let us know. This is important, because then we can work with you and your tutor to ensure the process runs smoothly.
Natasha is available to assist you at the Institute while you are on intensive. She is qualified to provide supplementary tuition in all discipline areas, and we are here every day. Feel free to pop in and have a chat to us any time. We are located on Level 1 at the new the Institute building, in the Jari Jari room (Kc1.209).
If you have been an ITAS tutor in the past, we thank you for your hard work and hope that this page will assist you in accessing the forms and other documents that you will need. If you are a new tutor, welcome! We are here to help you to make the most of your ITAS tutoring arrangement. You can now download and print the ITAS documentation (including pay claim forms) yourself, which will save time. The contact details for the ITAS support team here at the Institute are listed below.
What do I need to do?:
To become engaged with the Institute of Koorie Education to provide supplementary ITAS tuition you must complete the following ITAS Pack forms:
- Engagement Form (including required photo ID) (PDF, 314.4 KB)
- ITAS Tutor Retainer Agreement (PDF, 69.2 KB)
- Tax File Number Declaration (PDF, 420.5 KB) (if new to Deakin) and
- Tutor Work Programs (PDF, 34.3 KB) for each unit of study.
Other ITAS Pack documentation:
- Cover letter (PDF, 162.6 KB)
- ITAS Guidelines (PDF, 109.8 KB)
- Pay dates Calendar (PDF, 397.7 KB)
- ITAS Tutor Work Program (PDF, 34.3 KB)
- ITAS Student Progress Report (PDF, 26.0 KB)
- ITAS Tutor Pay Claim (PDF, 95.8 KB)
- ITAS Tutor Travel Claim (PDF, 95.8 KB) (for the part of a return trip in excess of 40kms)
- ITAS Student Travel Claim (PDF, 300.7 KB)
All enquiries about pay claims, travel reimbursement and other HR matters should be made to
Anna Tsiantas : firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 52273488
The ITAS Support Teams email address is: email@example.com or alternatively contact by telephone on:
(03) 5227 2538 or 1800 063 383. We look forward to working with you.