Sustainable Living Festival
22nd February 2014
The Civic Green was even greener on Saturday February 22 with the Warrnambool Sustainable Living Festival on from 10am-3pm.
The event demonstrated the ways in which ordinary Australians can make the change to lead a more sustainable lifestyle and to showcase local environmentally-friendly products and services. While most people understand what sustainability means, the festival bridges the gap between people's desire to be sustainable and knowing how to go about making it happen. Keynote speakers included Australia's favourite hunter-gatherer and author of Whole Larder Love, Rohan Anderson, and sustainability motivator Ian McBurney.
Other free activities include:
- Sustainable fashion show
- Deakin's Bike N Blend Smoothies
- Tips on raising backyard chooks
- "Green" beer brewing workshop
- Activities for the kids - insect touch-tanks, fishing for the future, recycled arts and crafts, henna tattoos
- Bike maintenance workshop
- Environmentally-friendly arts and crafts
- "Make your own" workshops - cordials, tea bags and cleaning products