Lecturer, Education Design, Professional Development and Research Unit
Tel: (+61) (+3) 522 78167
Fax: (+61) (+3) 522 78129
Higher Diploma of Teaching - Secondary (State College, Melbourne)
Master of Education (Deakin)
Higher Education Research & Development of Australia
- Lecturer, Business Communication - Faculty of Business and Law
- Lecturer, Principles and Practice of Public Relations(post-graduate), Faculty of Arts & Education
- Tutor/Marker for Management, Business Communication and Organisation Theory units - Faculty of Business and Law
- Tutor/Marker for Principles and Practice of Public Relations,Public Relations Management, and Marketing Communications units - Faculty of Arts & Education
- Tutor for Law Relating to Building unit- Faculty of Science and Technology
- Marker for Public Relations Internship unit- Faculty of Arts
- Marker for Business Internship Program unit - Faculty of Business and Law
- Coordinate the Professional Development Program for Casual Academics (PDCAS)
- Provided academic development support for new and inexperienced Lecturers
- Deliver academic development sessions to schools upon request
- Design resources to support academic development of Deakin staff
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of current issues in the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Represent ITL at relevant committees, seminars and conferences
- Teach in Deakin's Graduate Certificate of Higher Education
- Research Project: An Investigation into Issues Surrounding Casual Academic Staff at Deakin University, Australia
- Fundamentals of Teaching program
- Developing academic development programs for casual academic staff in the new Desire2Learn online environment
- Investigating models of central-devolved support for the academic and professional development of casual academics
- academic development of casual academic staff
- strategies for effective teaching and learning
- assessment of learning
Publications and presentations
Timberlake, T. (2010). Developing leaders of sessional teachers in higher education. In M. Devlin, J. Nagy and A. Lichtenberg (Eds.) Research and Development in Higher Education: Reshaping Higher Education, 33 (pp. 597–608). Melbourne, 6–9 July, 2010.
Timberlake, T. (2009). A personal journey. Towards sustainable practice: 2009 National Colloquium Sessional staff in higher education and vocational education, Melbourne, 27 November, 2009.
Morris, G & Timberlake, T. (2009). Peer Observation in FAST: A Potent Force in Enhancing Learning, Deakin Teaching & Learning Conference, Melbourne, 18-19 June 2009.
Timberlake, T. (2008). Rationale, restrictions and responses: Online academic development to promote a community of practice. In Hello! Where are you in the landscape of educational technology? Proceedings ascilite Melbourne 2008. http://www.ascilite.org.au/conferences/melbourne08/procs/timberlake.pdf
Timberlake, T. (2006). Peer group learning: Perceptions of undergraduate students. Deakin Teaching & Learning Conference, Geelong, 30-31 October, 2006.
Timberlake, T. (2006). Staff and student perceptions of self-managed projects in communications education. PRIA Academic Forum 2006 Melbourne.
Timberlake, T. (2006). Undergraduate student perceptions of self managed group projects in communications education. Asia Pacific Public Relations Journal 7 (1), 21-37.
back to top