Student orientation site for the New DSO
The Student orientation site for the New DSO is designed to provide students with an opportunity to become familiar with the New DSO and access some useful resources to help them with their online learning. The site is also available to staff and will provide you with an opportunity to try out some of the main tasks that may be expected of your students from a student’s perspective.
By completing all of the activities on this site, you will be able to:
- navigate an online unit and access content
- use the basic online communication and assessment tools
- know where to get help with the New DSO.
The Student orientation site for the New DSO has been created as a series of self-paced modules including:
- Participating in Discussions
- Submitting assignments to a Dropbox
- Checking your work with Turnitin
- Completing Quizzes
- Keeping track of your progress.
You can start at the beginning and work your way through, or can pick and choose individual modules that are of importance to you.
Accessing the site
- Students can self register for the site via a News item on the DSO My Home page.
- Staff can access the Student New DSO orientation site by emailing the Institute of Teaching and Learning at email@example.com. Please include your name, username and title of the module/site in the email. You will be notified once you have been enrolled, and will be ready to start:
- Click on My Home.
- Go to the Student tab in the My Sites widget.
- Click on the Student orientation link.