About Instructional Design Wizard
The Instructional Design Wizard provides you with a step-by-step process for:
- defining course learning objectives
- incorporating assessment activities
- identifying appropriate instructional methods and activities
- recommending tools that support the learning experiences you want to provide in your course
- promoting alignment between learning experiences and Bloom’s Taxonomy
As you progress through the wizard, it creates a course structure using placeholders in the Course Builder, and reviews instructional design strategies.
The Instructional Design Wizard promotes the following instructional design best practices and concepts for course design:
- understanding learner personas
- spending time early in the process to document your desired outcomes and learning goals for your course, including a mix of knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation objectives
- determining an appropriate mix of instructional strategies for the course and its lessons, including direct instruction, collaborative learning, independent learning and experiential learning
- creating a variety of content-focused and application-focused learning experiences using Learning Environment tools and technology in different ways
- determining appropriate measurement and assessment strategies, including diagnostic, formative and summative assessments to understand, customize, and accurately measure learning outcomes
- reviewing your course for appropriate length, distribution of experiences, etc.
Overview: Instructional Design Wizard's process
The wizard goes through four main stages:
When you run the wizard, you can go back to previous steps to refine inputs, save progress to continue at a later time, create additional course modules, or refine existing modules.
Access Instructional Design Wizard
Access the wizard through one of the following:
- Click Instructional Design Wizard under Design in the Course Administration widget.
- Click Edit Course from your course navbar and click Instructional Design Wizard.
- Click Instructional Design Wizard in the navbar.
Instructional Design Wizard help topics
© 1999-2010 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.