Information about Office for Learning and Teaching Grants
The Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) offer the following grants:
- Innovation and Development Grants
- Leadership for Excellence Grants
- Seed Projects
- Extension Grants
- Commissioned Projects
Deakin Learning Futures (DLF) will run an internal endorsement procedure before submission to the Office for Learning and Teaching.
In 2013 the OLT requested changes to the administration of grants, requiring all grant applicants to advise the institution's Institutional Contact Officer (ICO) of their intention to submit. The ICO then provides to the OLT a list of applicants, grant type and project title. Grants submitted to the OLT and not on this list will not be accepted.
Deakin's ICO is Associate Professor Kay Souter, Director, Learning Research and Evaluation, Deakin Learning Futures. The grants endorsement procedure is administered by the Learning Research and Evaluation team within DLF. The first point of contact is the Learning Research and Evaluation Coordinator
The LRE team provide assistance throughout the grant application procedure; proofing, compliance check (against the OLT instructions), review of the application and advice. The final application compliance and submission to the OLT grants portal is the applicant's responsibility.
2013 OLT grants are now closed
Round 1 2014 submission date is 8 November 2013.
To assist intending applicants please see the following documents:
Please note: The above documents will be updated when the OLT submission date is released along with the Round 1 2014 OLT guidelines/instructions:
- 2014 Innovation and Development – Information and instructions
- 2014 SEED Projects – Information and instructions
- 2014 SEED Project FAQs
- It is important that you follow the Deakin process timetable and thoroughly read and apply the OLT grant application instructions.
- OLT will reject any application that does not meet the application instruction requirements and will not enter into discussion if your proposal is rejected.
- The applicant is responsible for ensuring the application meets OLT requirements.
- The applicant is responsible for the application upload to the OLT grants portal by the due date.
- The Learning Research and Evaluation team will administer the Deakin OLT Learning Grant Support Network and provide assistance and milestone reminders throughout the application process.