Help with CloudDeakin
Setting up your computer
The following essential steps will help you to successfully access, log in to and use CloudDeakin.
- Activate your Deakin username and password
- Ensure you are able to meet Deakin's computing, connectivity and capability requirements
- Run a system check before you log in
- If you receive all ticks, you can successfully access CloudDeakin
- If you receive a warning for any area, go to the Recommended browsers and settings page and follow the instructions
If you continue to experience problems after configuring your browser software settings, it may help to clear your browser cache and cookies. Please look at the Recommended browsers and settings page if you need help doing this.
Mobile and Tablet devices
When you login from your tablet or smartphone, the default view is CloudDeakin's Mobile View which is optimised for mobile usage. It is not recommended that you use the desktop view on your mobile device as not all functionality works on mobile devices. The following mobile apps are free and can help staff access, view resources and grade assignments in CloudDeakin.
(iPad only) The Assignment Grader allows you to mark your submissions using your iPad offline and synchronise your graded dropboxes when you are online.
Assignment Grader guide
This app allows you to download resources to your tablets for offline viewing. You are also able to select Send to Binder from the CloudDeakin environment to have content sent to the app for offline viewing. Binder App guide
Deakin does not recommend or support the usage of CloudDeakin in the "Desktop View" on mobile or tablet devices. Please use the recommended "Mobile View".
- Creating resources of any kind, e.g. News, Assignments, Quizzes or uploading files
- Marking and grading
Please use a desktop computer to complete the above tasks.
A complete list of all quick guides, step-by-step guides and movie demonstrations.
How to use CloudDeakin
Support for students
How to help your students make the most of CloudDeakin.
Please check the FAQs for answers to some of the most common queries about using CloudDeakin.