Assignment Grader 2.1 app which allows you to mark your submissions using your iPad offline and synchronise your graded dropboxes when you are online.
Note: This app is now free of charge. The Assignment Grader is currently not integrating with TurnItIn. Hence, you will not be able to see the originality report and use GradeMark. The app is also not integrating with ePortfolio, thus submissions of artefacts will not be available.
Download and login to Assignment Grader
- Download the Assignment Grader app from the App Store.
- If you are using this app for the first time, tap Sign Up to create EduDentity account or use this link to sign up.
- If you already have an EduDentity account, enter your email address and password. Then, tap Login.
- You will be asked to connect to CloudDeakin, tap Add New Account.
- Tap Enter LMS Address Manually.
- Enter a name under Label. Enter d2l.deakin.edu.au as the server address.
- Tap Connect Account.
- Enter your Deakin username and password. Then, tap Log in.
- You will receive confirmation message to access your information, tap Continue.
- The Assignment Grader will now sync with your dropboxes.
Mark with Assignment Grader
- Under the Course tab, scroll to the unit site that you would like to grade your submissions.
- Tap the Download icon next to the Dropbox title to download all the submissions to work offline. The Downloaded tab at the bottom of the app shows you all the dropboxes you have downloaded.
- Tap on the title of the Dropbox to see a list of submissions.
- Tap on the student's name to grade the submission.
- Tap on the > icon on the left hand side to see when the assignment was submitted along with additional files, and messages from the student.
- Tap on the < icon on the right hand side to provide feedback and score.
- You can annotate the assignment when grading. You can draw, highlight, insert notes, underline and strikethrough.
- Enter a score if you have a grade item attach to the dropbox.
- If you have attached rubric to your dropbox, tap on the rubric icon to access using rubric. Tap on the appropriate performance level for each criterion. When done, tap on Save and Record.
- You can also record your voice and video to provide feedback to students. Video capability is not available on iPad 1. Tap on either Audio or Video and then tap on Record button to start recording. When done, tap on the Record button to stop recording. Tap on Attach Feedback to attach your recording.
- Once you have graded all your submissions, tap on Sync icon to sync all your feedback and grades.
Note: Once you've synced both feedback and grades, consider these published to students. Hide the dropbox if you do not wish your students to see the feedback and grades.