Ms. Janine Epps
Position: Manager - Collections and Access
Qualifications: BA (Melbourne), Grad Dip Education (Melbourne),
Grad Dip Lib (Ballarat), MPET (Deakin)
Office Location: Level 3, Library
Geelong Waterfront Campus
+ 61 3 5227 8240
+ 61 3 5227 8000
The primary purpose of this position is to develop the University's library information resources to meet the teaching, learning and research needs of University staff and students, through the effective expenditure of the information resources budget, and the development and implementation of procedures and strategies targeted at improving selection and acquisition services, and the library collections.
- Manage the timely and effective expenditure of the information resources budget.
- Develop and implement procedures and strategies to improve and develop the University's library information resources to support the teaching, learning and research needs of the University.
- Lead and manage staff to ensure quality services in the selection and acquisition of information resources, aligned with customer needs and the University's objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant University policies and legislative requirements, in particular those relating to EEO, Disability Discrimination, and OHS.
- Horn, A, Epps, J and Moncrieff, J. (2006) "Financial Accounting and Library Collections: The Bottom Line". Paper presented at ALIA, September 2006.
- J. Epps and E. Stacey, 2003 'Establishing Quality Online: Supporting Productive Academic Teams', Conference Presentation, QED @ a distance, IFIP WG 3.6 Distance Education Working Conference, 3-6 February 2003, Deakin University, Geelong, Vic.
- Moncrieff, J, Macauley, P, Epps, J. (2007), 'My universe is here: implications for the future of academic Libraries from the results of a survey of researchers', Australian Academic & Research Libraries, Vol. 38, no. 2 (June), pp. 71-83.