Borrow from other libraries
Who you can borrow from
Depending on your membership type, you may be able to borrow from other libraries - through us.
|Campus students and staff (including Deakin Prime)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cloud (online) students* - residing in Australia||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|DUELI and Deakin College||Yes||No||No||No|
|Community, secondary school student and overseas members. Deakin alumni, non-award students and OUA||No||No||No||No|
*Our borrow from other library services are not available if you live outside of Australia. You may be able to borrow from international libraries.
BONUS+ allows staff and students (including DeakinPrime) to borrow books from other university libraries.
- Search BONUS+ or select the button from your Library Search results.
- Staff and post-graduate students may have 10 BONUS+ requests/loans at any one time.
- Undergraduates may have five BONUS+ requests/loans at any one time.
- Visit the Service Desk to get your CAVAL card.
- Alternatively, submit a Library membership application and we will post your card to you.
- Go directly to the host library to register. Take proof of your current enrolment/employment at Deakin University.
Trove contains over 100 million online resources relating to Australia, including: newspapers, images, articles and other documents.
If you are living overseas, we can supply a letter of introduction for your local library.
- Take the letter and your Deakin University card to ask about borrowing.
- It is up to the international library to decide if they can grant you access.
Staff and students can access items not held by us, or our partnered libraries.
Submit an Interlibrary loan request
For more information, refer to the Interlibrary loan guidelines.
Return and renew
- Conditions of use and loan periods are set by the lending library.
- To renew a loan, please contact interlibrary loan staff.
Contact interlibrary loan staff
9 am-5 pm (EST) Monday-Friday
+61 3 5227 1203
+61 3 5227 2000