Optimise your online search
Google Scholar settings
You can access the full text of an article in Google Scholar with
If FIND IT @ DEAKIN is not appearing next to your results:
- Select 'Settings' from the top of the Google scholar homepage
- Select 'Library links' from the menu items
- Search for Deakin
- Tick 'Deakin University Library - FIND IT @ DEAKIN'
Note: Cookies must be enabled for your browser to remember your settings.
LibX for direct access to Library resources
You can access titles through library catalogue from external websites, without having to leave their page.
- Install the LibX browser extension
- Right click text from your online reference to bring up the LibX menu, then choose where you'd like to search - Library Search, , or Google Scholar.
- Click the Deakin University logo on sites such as Amazon, Yahoo!, Google and Barnes & Noble to search for your item in our catalogue. You can also use LibX to find books by their ISBN from these sites and more.
- You can access our resources from any website without navigating to the Library, thanks to LibX. Reload any page via EZproxy to give you the same access you would have on campus or through the Library website.