What is my Library ID number?
How many items can I borrow?
This depends on your type of membership. Find out what you can borrow from our libraries.
Is there a cost to borrow items?
No. There is no cost for you to borrow items from us.
Where can I pay my library invoice?
When are overdue points added to my account?
When your overdue item is checked back in.
Why can't I renew this book?
- Another borrower may have placed a hold on the item. Refer to the 'Status' column in My checkouts & holds for more details.
- You may have a blocked account.
- It may be too early to renew.
How do I access e-books?
Follow our simple guide to view e-books.
Why can't I login or access any databases?
- You were trying to access a database not included in your membership.
- You have an encumbrance or blocked account.
- You are not currently enrolled, or are intermitted.
- You typed your Deakin username and password incorrectly.
What does 'Unable to identify you through campus identification' mean?
There's a problem with your Deakin username and/or password.
Why can't I access the Library with my Deakin College details?
You need to use your Deakin username and password (letters only, e.g. chapwe), not your Deakin College username and password.
How do I find articles and books?
What is the 'Hold Shelf'?
The shelf where your requested/hold books are stacked. They will be held there for 5 days, ready for you to pickup and checkout.
The Hold Shelves are near the Service Desk at each campus. If you have trouble finding them, just ask library staff.
How do I find the prescribed text for my unit?
Follow our guide to find unit material.
What does 'LIB USE ONLY' mean?
The item cannot be taken out of the Library.
Can I get a book from another campus?
Yes, use our Request it service.
How do I borrow a book instead of an e-book?
If we only have your item online, you may be able to order a print copy through BONUS+.
Can I get books posted to me?
Yes, Cloud students are eligible for our delivery service.
Why haven't I received my book?
Login to My checkouts & holds to see if the item is checked out to you.
- If it is, you can track when your book was sent by counting back from the due date:
- For 7 day loans, subtract 15 days
- For general loans, subtract 42 days
- We allow 4 business days for delivery within Australia, and 15 business days for overseas delivery. Before contacting us, please check your parcel status with your local post office.
- If the item is not checked out to you, it may still be on loan to another student. We will send it to you as soon as the item is returned.
Services and facilities
Can I take a library tour ?
Yes, check your campus library for more details.
Do you run workshops?
Yes. We schedule workshops for specific units and faculties as part of campus learning.
We also offer a range of workshops as part of the Deakin University HDR training program.
How do I book a group study room?
Online through Book a study room. Rooms can be booked up to a week in advance.
Lost and found items
We keep lost property for up to a week. then Deakin Central mind the items for up to 6 months.
If you find or lose an item, let us know. Either speak to staff at the Service Desk or contact us.
You need to bring proof of your identity to reclaim a valuable item.
How do I print, scan or photocopy in the Library?
Visit print@Deakin to find out print and photocopy costs.
Can I use the Library after I graduate?
Can I use the interlibrary loan service?
Yes, if you're a Deakin staff member or student and can't find the article you need, submit an Interlibrary loan request.
Do I have to pay for online articles?
No. If you've found an article and the website requires payment, submit an interlibrary loan request. We'll look into sourcing the item for you.
My interlibrary loan is ready to pick up, but it's not on the hold shelf. What should I do?
Contact interlibrary loan staff to locate it.
How do I check the status of my request?
Select the 'Loan History' button at interlibrary loan request. Your requests, and their status, are displayed there.
You can also ask interlibrary loan staff.
If your question has not been answered here, contact us.