Planning and preparation
Identify your search terms and keywords
Planning your approach can help you get better results for your search and in your assignment. You can break it into three steps:
- Identify the key words
- Identify alternative key words
- Combining your key words into a single search string
Check out the find information tutorial for more information about these steps.
Tips for searching:
- Leave out common words, such as the, and, in and at
- Don't worry about using capital letters
- Use quotation marks to find "exact phrases"
- Use truncation to find words with alternate endings (eg. child* = child, children, etc.).