Discover a world of information with the new Library website
We know you come to the Library’s website to search for, discover and find important information - our team has done all the hard work to develop a new site to ensure you succeed.
Our new site is designed to make things simpler and easier. The result is a website that is fresh and engaging, with clear pathways that lead you to the valuable information you are looking for.
Search and Discover – you have the power
We know you come to our site looking for quality information that you want to find quickly. We have made our new search bar persistent on every page, so you can search at any time without having to stop what you’re doing.
- Search effectively and discover the information you need. Whether it’s for your study, teaching or research, access the information that supports what you do.
- Get access to millions of resources - now within easy reach via our extensive search options, including our ‘Discover More’ search function.
- Link to the content of our partner libraries through BONUS+, which gives you access to thousands of additional resources otherwise unavailable, and extends your reach to quality information.
- Access our expert staff who are available to help you at any point.
The new homepage icons
The main focus on our home page is on our key service areas - Study, Teach, Research - supported by other useful links and information. The combination of icons and key words means you can find the information you are looking for, or you might learn something new about a service or resource you didn’t know we offered.
Navigate without getting lost
Do you hate clicking the ‘back’ button for those things you always need to do? Now you can find your way around the site without getting lost, with links placed consistently throughout the site.
A common tasks bar with links to My Library, Help, and Contact is featured toward the top right hand side of every page. The styling is consistent with the look and feel across the University website and means you’ll always have these useful clicks within easy reach.
You'll also see the links you need the most featured down the right hand side of every page, ready for you to get to at any time. A Library breadcrumb trail at the top of the page provides additional navigation.
We have kept some of the features you already enjoy, including:
- The colourful banner, which brings you all the latest promotions, events and activities - including resources and services new and existing.
- The Library opening hours feed will remain on the homepage, so you can see your campus Library hours at a glance.
- A simpler search box - that puts what you are looking for right at your fingertips.
- Our popular scrolling display of new print and electronic books - so you can browse a range of new titles with ease on the homepage.
- Easy access to Library news, which is now relocated at the bottom of the page.
We value your feedback
We have shaped the new website with the help of students and staff, but it doesn’t stop there.
We need to hear how we are doing so we can continue to shape our Library website to suit your changing needs.
Our 'feedback' tab, on the far right of the new homepage, gives you an opportunity to continue to provide comments and respond to the changes we are making.