Preview our new discovery menu and interface!
On Wednesday 12 and Thursday 13 February the Library will offer a live preview of our new discovery menu and search interface.
Features of the new menu
The simple, streamlined menu features an easy-to-use interface that offers a comprehensive search of Library resources:
- Support for finding articles, books, videos, unit material, databases and more - everything is available from the one place
- Discover More, an interface we have been trialling and improving over time, is now the default interface for Deakin students and staff
- Access to the A-Z databases list, the A-Z journals list, Library Resource Guides, and other search refinements, is easily at hand via the ‘More options’ link which sits alongside the Search button.
Discover More now has a number of new features, including:
- Enhanced access to Unit material - type in your unit code to get a list of links at the top of the search results screen
- Research starters, designed to assist users with their research by providing authoritative summary articles for popular topics
- A new "Database recommender" feature, which recommends databases relevant to your topic.
Usage of the new interface will be tracked and monitored throughout Trimester 1 and a thorough evaluation will be undertaken, at which time feedback will be analysed, issues addressed and adjustments made.
Let us know what you think!
We would love to hear what you think of our new menu and interface. You can provide feedback in two ways:
- Via the vertical Feedback tab that appears on every Library website page, toward the right of your browser
- Via the Feedback link at the top right hand corner of the Discover More search results screen
The new interface is set to go live permanently on Friday 21 February.