Open access research and publishing
Most publishers allow some form of free public access or self-archiving.
Things you may need to consider:
- Adhering to open access requirements of government and funding bodies (i.e. NHMRC) by publishing in institutional research repositories.
- Some publishers require a fee to make an article open access. Check SHERPA RoMEO for publisher copyright policies and information about archives within a repository such as Deakin Research Online.
- If you're required to publish with an institutional repository you can seek an addendum to your publishing agreement.
Discounted article processing fees
Subscriptions and memberships that may provide discounts for Deakin researchers:
- American Chemical Society - reduced fee of $2000
- BioMed Central - 15% saving on the article-processing charge
- PNAS - reduced fee of $975
- Royal Society of Chemistry - 15% discount on the article-processing charge and a limited number of open access credits. Contact Teresa Treffry for further information.