About the Special Collections
The Special Collections of Deakin University Library contain over 60,000 titles. The collection is made up of specialised research collections, in addition to those items which need special care because of their age, beauty, rarity, fragility or for other qualities that make them valuable as objects as well as for research.
The majority of this material is available for consultation at the Alfred Deakin Prime Ministerial Library reading room in the Sally Walker Building, Geelong Waterfront Campus. A small collection of predominantly local history items are held at the Warrnambool Campus Library.
Many of these collections have been acquired through the generosity of a number of benefactors.
- Alfred Deakin Collections
- Genealogy Collection
- Western Victoria Collections
- Rare Books
- Children's Literature Research Collections
- Australian Schools' Textbook Collections
- Australian Multicultural Literature Collection
- Louis Goldberg Collection
- Deakin University Archival Collection