Student Rover Service
Student Rovers are Deakin students who have been studying for at least 12 months. They are keen to help other students settle in during the first busy weeks of university life.
Student Rovers can help you with general Library and IT related information. You can find them in the Library learning spaces and selected IT laboratories during the start of Trimesters 1 and 2. It's not hard to 'spot' a Student Rover - simply look for their bright red shirts with 'I'm here to help' on the back.
If a Student Rover can't help you, they will refer you to someone who can!
The Student Rover service hours may vary slightly from campus to campus (in response to individual campus needs).
What makes a great Student Rover?
- a desire to help other students
- reliable self-management skills and ability to prioritise commitments
- realistic expectations of themselves - does not over commit
- good time management skills
- an ability to communicate and show initiative
- proactive behaviours
- great Student Rovers are able to relate to fellow students in a respectful and friendly manner.
Student Rover FAQs
Student Rovers help other Deakin students with general Library and IT enquiries. They conduct Library tours during Orientation and providing assistance during the first few weeks of the academic year from the Library's learning spaces, during Trimesters 1 and 2.
Any student who is on-campus and has a Library or IT related query about using or accessing these services.
If there are no Student Rovers on duty, you can visit the Current Students Services and Facilities website and look under 'IT and Computer support' or the visit the Library website and look under 'Help'. Both of these sites have extensive information to help with your study at Deakin.
Student Rovers are available to help you with basic information to get you started on your IT or Library journey at Deakin University. They can help you understand:
- how to use the Library search system
- how to log on to a computer lab workstation
- how to find the 'help yourself' information on both the eSolutions and Library websites
- how to work the printing and 'scan to email' systems.
Student Rovers can also help you find the answers to questions, such as:
- Where do I go to find information for myself?
- Where is there an available computer to use?
- Where are the computers in the Library?
- How do I book a room in the Library?
- Where can I find eSolutions help sheets and guides?
- How do I contact Security?
Student Rovers will refer you to the appropriate University staff or service when required.
Student Rovers aren't able to help you with your assignment work - but there are expert staff in Student Life who can help you with assignment skills and preparation, or perhaps talk to your tutor or lecturer.
Want to be a Student Rover?
Recruitment for the following year commences late July each year, with jobs advertised through JobShop and a variety of electronic channels.