Using other libraries
Universities and TAFE in Victoria
- Deakin staff and students can borrow from any university or TAFE library in Victoria through the CAVAL Reciprocal Borrowing Program
- You can obtain a CAVAL card from any of our campus libraries or by contacting the Off-Campus Library service at Geelong or Warrnambool
- You can join as many libraries as you want through the CAVAL Program
- Enrolment is for one academic year (Jan-Dec)
- You will need to have your current Deakin Card (ID card) with you
Universities in other states
University Library of Australia: a National Borrowing Scheme for Staff and Students
- Deakin staff and students can borrow from any university library in Australia
- Photographic ID and proof of enrolment are required
- Enrolment is until the end of February the following year
- Some libraries (NSW) may charge an enrolment fee
The Library can supply a letter of introduction to international libraries. You should also take your Deakin University student or staff card when enquiring about borrowing. While the Library can provide an introduction, it is up to the host library to decide if they are willing to offer access to their collections.
Need more help?
- Visit the CAVAL Reciprocal Borrowing Program page or the deakin.edu.au/library/services/libmembership/ula.php for additional information.
- Search Libraries Australia., a national database of material held in Australian libraries.