smart researcher
IntroductionObtaining documents  Using other libraries Site Map

Using other libraries

Universities and TAFE  in Victoria

  • Deakin staff and students can borrow from any university or TAFE library in Victoria through the CAVAL Reciprocal Borrowing Program
  • You can obtain a CAVAL card from any of our campus libraries or by contacting the Off-Campus Library service at Geelong or Warrnambool
  • You can join as many libraries as you want through the CAVAL Program
  • Enrolment is for one academic year (Jan-Dec)
  • You will need to have your current Deakin Card (ID card) with you

Universities in other states

University Library of Australia: a National Borrowing Scheme for Staff and Students

  • Deakin staff and students can borrow from any university library in Australia
  • Photographic ID and proof of enrolment are required
  • Enrolment is until the end of February the following year
  • Some libraries (NSW) may charge an enrolment fee

Universities overseas

The Library can supply a letter of introduction to international libraries. You should also take your Deakin University student or staff card when enquiring about borrowing. While the Library can provide an introduction, it is up to the host library to decide if they are willing to offer access to their collections.

Need more help?