Make a booking enquiry
Get in touch for more information about availability and rates.
Great availability during the summer
Short stay and group bookings are available at our Melbourne Burwood Campus for staff, students and visiting academics as well as conference, school, sporting groups and general business accommodation.
During Trimester 1 and Trimester 2 (March to October), limited rooms are available for short-stay bookings. However, during Trimester 3 (November to February) an increased number of rooms become available and we can host larger groups who are looking for university-style accommodation for their conference, school or sporting group needs.
We have a number of room types in shared apartments and units, all with individual bedrooms and spacious communal areas, as well as self-contained studios for more privacy. All of our spaces are clean and well maintained, with bedding and linen provided.
We have a range of accommodation types:
- studio apartment (single self-contained apartments)
- 2 bedroom studios (2 private bedrooms with a shared kitchenette/dining area and bathroom)
- shared apartments (4–6 bedrooms with a shared kitchen, living area and bathrooms)
- shared units (units of 10 private bedrooms with a shared kitchen, living area and bathrooms).
We have everything you could need
Our rooms include the following features and amenities.
- Free laundry, linen and cleaning
- Air conditioning and heating in apartments
- Large recreation area, which includes: movie room, pool tables, table tennis tables, BBQ, decking area
- 24-hour, seven-day a week staff support and security
- Kitchen packs can be provided or food outlets on site can cater for your group
- Access to new state-of-the-art corporate meeting rooms on campus
- Access to running and walking track, DeakinACTIVE gym, University library
- Short walk to Box Hill golf course and Bennetswood Bowls Club
- Close to fresh food markets
- Close to public transport
Maximise your stay with us and utilise our state of the art meeting rooms, amazing caterers and recreation facilities for group activities.
Full payment must be made at the time of booking. There's a full refund if we're advised 72 hours prior to the arrival day.
Bookings are non-refundable after 72 hours prior to arrival day, based on an arrival time of 2pm.
What's the difference between a hotel and a college/residence?
While we're happy to provide accommodation to external guests when we can, we're first and foremost a home to our student residents.
In addition to accommodation, we endeavour to provide students with academic, social and pastoral care and support. Also, no room service or wake up calls, sorry!
Is linen provided and do I need to clean?
All bedding and linen is provided, and cleaning's included in the cost of your booking.
Smoking's prohibited on all University grounds and inside any University buildings, including rooms.
Residences and short-stay guests, however, have specific designated smoking areas that permit smoking for residents and short-stay guests only.
Residents or short-stay guests found smoking outside of these areas may incur a fine and disciplinary action.
Our 2018 rates*
|type|| 1-2 Nights|
| 3-7 nights |
| 8-14 nights |
| 15+ nights|
|6 Bedroom apartment (Air Conditioning)||$528||$414||$366||$348|
|6 Bedroom apartment (No Air Conditioning)||$516||$396||$354||$336|
|5 Bedroom apartment (Air Conditioning)||$440||$345||$305||$290|
|4 Bedroom apartment (No Air Conditioning)||$344||$264||$236||$224|
|2 Bedroom studio apartment||$160||$126||$110||$106|
|Double studio apartment||$105||$83||$72||$69|
|Single studio apartment||$91||$72||$63||$60|
* These rates apply when booking consecutive nights only.
* Please refer to Accommodation Options for further information on room features as not all rooms are air conditioned
Burwood short-stay accommodation
+61 3 9251 7671
Email Burwood accommodation