Getting to the Melbourne Burwood campus
Melbourne Burwood Campus is easily accessible by a variety of transport methods including walking, cycling, public transport, private car etc.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus sits between the Lilydale/Belgrave, Glen Waverley and Alamein train lines.
- If you're traveling on the Lilydale/Belgrave line, hop off at Box Hill Railway Station and take the 732, 767, 281 or 768 bus to the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- If you're traveling on the Glen Waverley line, hop off at Jordanville Station and take the 767 bus to the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- If you're traveling on the Alamein line, hop off at either Hartwell or Burwood Station and take the 75 tram to the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
It's easy to get to Deakin if you live near a train line so why not give it a go?
For all current timetables visit the Public Transport Victoria website in the Quick Links.
The free Melbourne cube bus service
The Melbourne Shuttle Bus (Cube) Service is a free, convenient and sustainable mode of transport between the Surrey Hills Train Station and the Melbourne Burwood Campus. This service is available to Deakin students and staff.
See Quick Links for more info.
Public Bus and Coach Services
There are a few bus services that visit the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- Route 732 bus (Box Hill Station to Deakin University(Station Street) - Ferntree Gully)
- Route 767 bus (Box Hill Station to Deakin University(Burwood Highway) - Jordanville)
- Route 281 bus (Templestowe Village to Doncaster Shopping Town - Box Hill Station - Deakin University (Central Precinct - Building HF))
- Route 768 bus (Box Hill Station - Deakin University (Central Precinct - Building HF))
Please visit Public Transport Victoria in the Quick Links for more information about bus routes in your area.
V/Line Coaches run from many regional centres, including the Great Ocean Road and Ballarat, to the Geelong city and Geelong station.
Myki is your way to pay to travel on public transport in Victoria.
Did you know that you can buy myki on campus?
There is a myki hand held device in the DUSA Bookshop on the Waurn Ponds, Waterfront and Burwood campuses which will allow you to:
- view your myki details
- purchase an anonymous myki
- top up your myki (money and pass), and
- renew a myki pass.
Student Concessions are available through Deakin Central. See Quicklinks.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is easily accessed by an extensive system of bicycle trails. On campus you will find showers and change rooms, bike racks, lockers and a secure bicycle cage to make your commute as easy and safe as possible.
For more information see the Walking and Cycling link under the Quick Links.
A limited amount of parking is available at various open-air and undercover areas on the main campus and at the nearby Elgar Road precinct. Deakin University car parks are classified as Permit Parking Zones and a valid Deakin University parking permit is required at specified times.
Deakin University provides a free online carpool matching service to help you find someone to carpool with to Melbourne Burwood Campus. Carpooling is a great way to save money by sharing the cost of a parking permit and petrol, while making new friends.
See Quick Links for further info.
Interest free loans for transport expenses
Did you know that Student Financial Support provides interest free loans to students who are either in financial need or are progressing satisfactorily with their studies for transportation expenses?
Visit Student Financial Support for more information and read the conditions for an application under 'General student loans'.
DUSA also have a Transport Assistance service which can be found under the Quick Links.