On hearing an alert signal (beep-beep sound)
Stand by and await instructions from a warden. If after 1 minute a warden has not presented to give instruction, turn off any electrical equipment, secure any personal belongings and evacuate to the emergency assembly area.
On hearing an Evacuation Siren (whooping sound)
Evacuate to the emergency assembly area and await further instructions from the wardens or the Fire Brigade.
On hearing a fire alarm bell and no other signal
Evacuate to the assembly area and await further instructions from the wardens or the Fire Brigade.
On discovery of a fire
- Assist any person in immediate danger (if safe), and call for help.
- Isolate the fire by closing doors as you leave.
- Report the fire:
Activate a break-glass alarm.
External Phone: Dial 0 then 000 to alert the Fire Brigade
Internal Phone: Dial 222 to alert Security.
- Attack the fire with appropriate extinguisher (if trained) only if safe to do so.
- Evacuate to the assembly area. Obey any directions from the wardens.
- Re-enter the building only when advised it is safe to do so by either a warden or emergency services.