Global Corporate Challenge
What is the Global Corporate Challenge?
The Global Corporate Challenge (GCC) is a health and wellbeing initiative.
- increase the amount of daily exercise
- improve physical and mental health
- enhance productivity
- build a stronger culture of resilience for staff
- create the opportunity to get involved in some 'healthy competition'
The GCC for 2014 is now underway!
The 2014 Deakin GCC has now officially started as of 28 May.
This year Deakin has 27 teams and 189 staff participating in the challenge from areas across Deakin.
In 2013 we had 45 teams and 315 participants. This was an increase from 40 teams and 240 participants in 2012.
After completing the 2013 GCC, Deakin participants have reported the following benefits:
- 82% rated their overall health as good or excellent
- 90% were more conscious of opportunities in their day to add more steps
- 75% had a better understanding of what it takes to lead a healthier lifestyle
- 79% would now describe their relationships within their team/work group as good or excellent
- 57% reported a decrease in their stress levels at either home or work