Global Corporate Challenge
What is the Global Corporate Challenge?
The Global Corporate Challenge (GCC) is a health and wellbeing initiative.
- increase the amount of daily exercise
- improve physical and mental health
- enhance productivity
- build a stronger culture of resilience for staff
- create the opportunity to get involved in some 'healthy competition'
Deakin University and the GCC
The 2014 challenge at Deakin University has now ended. In 2014, Deakin had 27 teams and 189 participants. View the final progress report.
Missed out for 2014? Get involved in 2015!
All Fixed term or continuing staff can participate in the challenge. You will need the financial approval of your Faculty, Area or Division. Be on the lookout for the Network and Staff news articles for details of the 2015 challenge, which usually starts around May.
After completing the 2014 GCC, Deakin participants have reported the following benefits:
- 90% rated their overall health as good, very good or excellent
- 94% were more conscious of opportunities in their day to add more steps
- 75% had a better understanding of what it takes to lead a healthier lifestyle
- 79% would now describe their relationships within their team/work group as good or excellent
- 60% reported a decrease in their stress levels at either home or work