Key and Access Card information for University staff, students, contractors, visitors and leasers.
The online keys request system will be undergoing essential maintenance between 18:00 and 19:00 on Tuesday the 5th August and will not be available during this time.
Campus Services would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Who can obtain a key/access card?
The following is a list of people who can obtain a key or access card:
- University staff
- Students (conditions apply)
- Contractors / visitors / lessees (conditions apply)
The policy on keys, access cards and locks is named 'Security Procedure' and can be found on The Guide.
How to request a key/access card online
Staff and students may make the following requests online:
- New key
- New access card (please ensure you have had a staff/student ID card produced)
- Update access on an existing access card
How the online process works
- Staff/students log on to the online request system.
- Complete an Online Key/Card Request.
- Select the key/card authoriser from your business area.
- Select a key by entering a room ID or cylinder ID and/or enter access card requirements in text box provided. Enter any additional notes in the field provided, if necessary.
- Upon submitting the request your authoriser will receive an email notification and the request will be approved/rejected. You will receive an email confirmation upon approval/rejection including any notes pertinent to your request.
- All approved requests will be processed by Campus Services Division. You will receive an email when your key is ready for collection.
- You will be required to provide ID upon collection of your key.
- Requests for access will be added to your staff/student ID card. You will receive an email once this has been completed.
- Ask the authorised personnel in your Faculty/School.Division for approval.
How the offline process works
You will be unable to request a replacement key online that has been lost or stolen until it has been reported. For security and administrative reasons the following requests/issues are dealt with separately, offline:
|Replacement of lost/stolen keys/cards||Please report any lost or stolen keys/cards to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 924 46245|
|Requests for sub master keys||Please email enquiries to|
|Bulk requests for access cards||Please email enquiries to email@example.com|
|Request a key and/or access card on someone's behalf||Please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Requests for alarm codes||Please email enquiries to email@example.com|
|Replacement of lost/stolen/broken card||Please go to Deakin Central for a re-print of your ID card (this will cancel the old card)|
Collecting your key
Most key requests will be ready to collect within four working days of your request being approved by your authoriser, however, in exceptional circumstances this may take longer.
Keys can be collected from the Deakin Central on your Campus. You will receive an email when the key is ready for collection including any relevant advice.
You will be required to present ID upon collection.
Staff transfer to another faculty/division
Keys should be returned to Deakin Central on your Campus.
Staff who leave the University
All keys and access cards should be returned Deakin Central and then you should notify your supervisor/manager to enable them to record the return on the University Exit Checklist.