Here, you will find all the information required in your role as a First Aider at Deakin.
Who are the First Aiders?
- View list of all first aiders (PDF, 305.1 KB)
First aid guidelines
The first aid guidelines (PDF, 94.6 KB) cover:
- First Aid management including
- Emergency assistance
- Role of First Aiders
- First aid kits
- First aid rooms
- Blood spill kits
- First aid infection prevention
- First aid management of blood spills
- Hazardous exposure to body fluids by First Aiders
First aid report form
First Aider training
Areas may at their own expense provide additional first aid training. Staff for example may seek Level 1 First Aid training as part of University's Staff Development Program. The cost for this training will be like other courses and borne by the Division or Faculty of the applicant.
For more information regarding training, please contact the OHS Fire & Project Officer.
Changes of staff
Please contact the OHS Fire & Project Officer as soon as possible if:
- you are leaving the University
- you are unable to continue as a first-aider
- your entire organisational area is moving out of or into a new building