A physiotherapy service is offered at the Melbourne Burwood Campus by Sophie Parrot from Back in Motion. Sophie's interests include musculo-skeletal injuries and dry needling. If you not located at or near the Melbourne Burwood Campus, then a Deakin Medical Centre doctor will be able to refer you to a physiotherapist in your area.
Physiotherapists specialize in the assessment and management of:
- musculoskeletal injuries
- postural correction
- spinal injuries
- post-surgical rehabilitation
- women's health
- aged care
- workplace injuries.
- Sophie Parrot is available for consultations at the Melbourne Burwood Campus on Wednesday and Fridays from 1-4pm.
- Private fees apply and a discount is available for students.
- HICAPS claiming is available.
- All Deakin University staff and students are offered a FREE Initial Assessment – to assess any pain you may have, or discuss your health goals
- Payment for any treatment is processed on site (EFT, C/Card, HICAPS only). Private Health insurance extras cover can be used therefore only a small fee may be required.