Good reasons to quit
You will feel the benefits of quitting straight away as your body repairs itself.
Within a day
Within a week
Within 2 months
Within 6 months
|Quit Victoria 2013|
The harms of smoking
- Smoking causes bad breath; smelly fingers, hair and clothing; reduces sense of smell and taste, and can lead to cancer and heart disease.
- Smoking harms nearly every organ in your body.
- Tobacco smoke is made up of thousands of chemicals and many of them are very harmful. Around 70 of them cause cancer.
- Smoking is the leading cause of preventable death in Victoria.
- On average out of every 1,000 deaths in Victoria: 119 are caused by smoking (Quit Victoria 2013).
- Every cigarette smoked shortens your life by 11 minutes. Watch RMIT's 11 minutes campaign to see how your peers are claiming their lives back.
- Current smoking rates in Victoria sit at 16.1% (ABS 2013).
Tools and further information
Page custodian: eSolutions - Digital Presence Last updated: