Deakin learning centres
Creating even more flexibility in study options, Deakin learning centres act as an extension to our campuses – including the Cloud Campus – with locations in metropolitan Melbourne and Victorian regional centres.
What is a learning centre?
Learning centres give you the opportunity to study higher education courses without having to travel to a university.
- Anyone can use a learning centre – school leavers or mature-age students.
- There’s more flexibility – combined classroom teaching and online study, for example.
- You can also use learning centres as a pathway for studying at a campus or online.
- There are three Deakin-only learning centres in the outer metropolitan area of Victoria, and we deliver courses in conjunction with four local TAFE providers.
Why study at a Deakin learning centre?
There are a multitude of advantages to studying at one of our learning centres.
- Access to writing and maths mentors
- Sessions with a language and learning adviser
- Study skills workshops
- Cloud peer-assisted study sessions (CloudPASS)
- Smaller class sizes
- Computer workstations and wi-fi internet access
- Printing and copying facilities
- Reference copies of prescribed text books
- Friendly and helpful staff
- A range of outer metropolitan and regional locations
- Apply directly though Deakin, not through VTAC
- Entry is open to school leavers and mature-age students
- Study full time or part time – whatever suits your needs best
- Study the first year of your bachelor’s degree at a learning centre, then switch to study at a Deakin campus, including the Cloud Campus
- Gain entry to Year 2 of a Bachelor of Education (Early Years) to fast-track your career once you’ve completed a TAFE Diploma of Early Childhood Education or the equivalent
Study options are flexible and can be tailored to suit your needs.
With our study options, you can:
- combine modes of study that involve both online and face-to-face deliveries
- learn in a dynamic, media-rich educational environment with access to Deakin’s online tools and systems
- fit your study around your other commitments.
Get personal, face-to-face advice
Speak to someone in person about your study options by dropping into a Deakin learning centre in Craigieburn, Dandenong or Werribee.
Our staff are available to chat about the courses and opportunities on offer at any Deakin learning centre or other locations, including the Cloud Campus.
Where we’re located
Deakin learning centres
You can study Deakin courses at the following TAFE locations:
- Lilydale (facilities and student support only at Box Hill Institute's Lilydale Lakeside campus)
- Portland (Bachelor of Education (Early Years) only at South West TAFE's Portland campus)
- Rosebud (Bachelor of Education (Early Years) only at Chisholm Institute's Mornington Peninsula campus)
- Swan Hill (Bachelor of Education (Early Years) only at Sunraysia Institute of TAFE's Swan Hill campus).
All our courses are career focused – everything we teach has a real-world job application in mind. Our learning centres are no exception. Our professional teachers give you the knowledge and skills to jump-start your career.
What courses are available?
We offer a range of bachelor degree courses through our learning centres. Visit our entry pathways section to learn more about what's available near you and how a Deakin learning centre can start you on a path to success.