Based in Wyndham, south-west of Melbourne’s CBD, the Werribee Learning Centre offers courses and programs from Deakin University and The Gordon TAFE, one of Victoria’s largest regional TAFE institutes. Begin your Deakin course with on-screen instruction by university lecturers and ample support from on-site tutors.
Werribee train station is a short 450-metre walk from the learning centre. The train station is serviced by the Werribee line, as well as numerous bus lines.
By car from Melbourne, the learning centre is about 30 minutes away if you get a good, traffic-free run.
- Take the M1 south west
- Take the Princes Highway/C109 exit towards Werribee
- Turn right on to Bridge Street
There are options to park your vehicle in surrounding streets and car parks close to the Werribee Learning Centre.
Werribee has great bike paths and bike lanes; the Federation Trail and Werribee River Trail are two highlights and if you're really keen, you can ride all the way from Melbourne's CBD.
The centre at a glance
- The learning centre provides facilities and support to all Deakin students, including those studying online or at a campus.
- Just like you’d find at one of our campuses, there are fully equipped classrooms, study rooms and access to different learning resources.
- Certificates, diplomas and a suite of accredited courses are all offered by The Gordon TAFE. Deakin delivers the first year of three bachelor's degree programs and the Bachelor of Education (Early Years) in its entirety.
- The learning centre is conveniently located in Werribee’s city centre.
Everything you need
Reference copies of text books
A copy of the text book for each core unit delivered at the learning centre is available for on-site use.
Get help with structuring, referencing and finishing your assignments.
Maths mentors are available for assistance with numeracy and maths queries relating to your course.
Cloud Peer Assisted Study Sessions
For additional support, collaborate online with other students studying common units.
Language and learning advisers
Get support with academic writing and preparing for your assignments.
Study and meeting rooms
There are premium, connected rooms for conferences, meetings and studying.
Advanced teleworking set-up
Use our large interactive screens and audio visual facilities.
The centre is completely wheelchair-accessible with ramps, parking, kitchen and an adjustable hot desk.
Bachelor of Psychological Science
Psychology is concerned with understanding human personality, behaviour, emotion and underlying mental processes. Deakin’s Bachelor of Psychological Science prepares students for the workforce or further study opportunities.
Bachelor of Health Sciences
Deakin’s Bachelor of Health Sciences equips graduates with the skills needed to work in a variety of non-clinical settings within the health sector, for example: health promotion and physical activity.
Bachelor of Education (Early Years)
The Bachelor of Education (Early Years) is a dual accredited degree that provides employment options in early childhood, preschool and primary school settings.