Learning Commons Building
Concept designs are in development for a new Learning Commons building at our Melbourne Burwood Campus.
+61 3 9251 7728
Flexible, collaborative spaces for staff and students
This project will deliver exemplary teaching and learning spaces, consolidated student support services and staff office accommodation.
The proposed building will:
- feature a student-focused learning zone that is flexible, mobile and interactive and can adapt to a range of different futures
- help to facilitate collaboration and active social learning through provision of gathering spaces and informal learning spaces
- offer a consolidated range of relevant student support services
- offer retail and food experiences and meeting support spaces
- provide staff office accommodation (and provide opportunities for consolidation)
- provide a translucent and welcoming building with community interface opportunities
- exemplify innovative design with a focus on ecologically sustainable development initiatives.