Newsroom and creative media lab
Melbourne Burwood Campus' Building P now hosts an industry-standard newsroom and creative media lab. Students can learn and refine their skills in an authentic media environment.
Trimester 1, 2017
+61 3 9244 5326
A new home for new media
This project provides:
- a green-screen studio linked to the newsroom and other creative production suites, enabling production of video content
- a collaborative news production area with an editorial hub, including workstations and monitors to stream live TV news channels
- editing booths for audio and audiovisual editing, and to conduct recorded interviews in acoustically quiet spaces
- a creative media lab and workspace for the production of physical media
- shared computer spaces for students to work together on a single digital production
- agile creative spaces for collaborative learning and team projects.
Supporting student learning
The new Newsroom and Creative Media Lab is ideal for students studying a:
- Bachelor of Communication (Journalism)
- Bachelor of Communication (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours).
It also supports the Journalism and Digital Media specialisations in the Master of Communication.