Newsroom and creative media lab
Melbourne Burwood Campus' Building P will soon host an industry-standard newsroom and creative media lab. Students will be able to learn and refine their skills in an authentic media environment.
Due to be completed
Before Trimester 1, 2017
+61 3 9244 5326
A new home for new media
The project will provide:
- a green-screen studio that will be linked to the newsroom and other creative production suites, enabling production of video content
- a collaborative news production area with an editorial hub, including workstations and monitors to stream live TV news channels
- editing booths for audio and audiovisual editing, and to conduct recorded interviews in acoustically quiet spaces
- a creative media lab and workspace for the production of physical media
- shared computer spaces for students to work together on a single digital production
- agile creative spaces for collaborative learning and team projects.
Supporting student learning
The new Newsroom and Creative Media Lab will be ideal for students studying a:
- Bachelor of Communication (Journalism)
- Bachelor of Communication (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours).
It will also support the Journalism and Digital Media specialisations in the Master of Communication.
It's expected that the new Newsroom and Creative Media Lab will be ready for students in Trimester 2017.