Deakin University aims to offer one of the world's premier optometry programs, providing a means for positive change for the community and the industry that serves it.
Our mission is to produce graduates that:
- will improve the eye health of Australians particularly Indigenous Australians and those living in regional areas
- practise with respect to the social, legal and ethical responsibilities of optometrists
- are highly sought-after and work-ready with high standards of clinical competence
- have the knowledge, skills and attitudes to operate effectively in a competitive commercial environment
- are grounded in scientific and evidence-based principles underlying optometric practice
- have developed enduring behaviours for continuous self-directed learning and professional development.
- are innovative and play a major role in the leadership of the profession