Psychiatric Health Strategic Research Centre
Professor Michael Berk welcomes you to The Psychiatric Health Strategic Research Centre
The Psychiatric Health Strategic Research Centre sits within Deakin University's School of Medicine.It is an integrated research facility that aims to increase knowledge and develop new treatments for people suffering from major psychiatric disorders.
Research projects have focused on mood and psychotic disorders, particularly bipolar disorder. Our current activities are in the area of oxidative biology and risk factors for high prevalence disorders; however, many other fields of psychiatry research are also being pursued, including basic science, pharmacotherapies, clinical audit, psychometrics, psychotherapy, epidemiology and clinical research.
- Outstanding NHMRC grant success
- Prestigious honour for Professor Michael Berk
- Making the move to Deakin University
- Red meat consumption and mental healtlh in women
- You are what you eat
- Physical activity and depression
- Foods that make you sad
- Success for Dr Lana Williams
- Vitamin D, pregnancy and childhood growth
- Geelong Osteoporosis Study