Deakin and Alfred Health Nursing Centre for Research (DAHNCR)
The Nursing Research Centre is a partnership between Deakin University and The Alfred. It is located at Alfred Health, Commercial Road, Prahran.
The Centre is led by Professor Tracey Bucknall and supported by Research Fellows, clinicians, nurse researchers, and higher degree research students (Honours, Masters, PhD).
Deakin University's partnership with Alfred Health provides clinical research opportunities for nurses across a variety of acute and specialty health care settings. This collaboration provides a unique opportunity for nurses seeking clinically focussed research training or clinicians seeking experience in multi-disciplinary research projects in critical care, acute care, and specialty health care contexts.
The Centre has a research agenda that specialises in developing and implementing evidence for nursing practice to enhance the quality and safety in the delivery of health care. In particular, the research program is focused on evaluating the impact of care delivery on health outcomes in areas such as the identification and management of deteriorating patients, medication safety, pressure injury prevention and clinical communication.
To improve health outcomes for the community through the development, conduct and dissemination of high quality, relevant research.
Deakin Alfred Health Nursing Research Centre aims to conduct high quality research that makes a substantive contribution to scientific knowledge, clinical nursing practice and quality patient care.
Conduct high quality research that provides evidence for clinicians and consumers in determining the most effective treatments to improve patient outcomes.
- Develop and promote strategies that encourage patient-centred, evidenced based practice.
- Provide research training and support for new researchers.
- Foster interdisciplinary, national and international research collaborations.
- Build a program of research that is nationally and internationally recognised.
- Provide advice, leadership and expertise for nursing practice, education and professional organisations.
Current Programs of Research
- Patient safety and quality of care
- Symptom management
- Integrated Knowledge Translation
Deakin University - The Alfred
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Telephone: + 61 03 9076 2000
Partnership Website - Alfred Hospital