Deakin University - Northern Health Clinical Partnership
The Deakin University - Northern Health Clinical Partnership was established in 2007. Northern Health provides health care services approximately 728,000 people and our emergency department treats almost 70,000 patients each year. The northern community is located in one of Melbourne's most significant growth corridors and our local population is expected to grow by 64% or an additional 128,569 people by 2031. The Northern Health catchment encompasses the rapidly expanding local government areas of Banyule, Darebin, Hume, Nillumbik, Whittlesea and Moreland.
Northern Health provides care in acute, sub-acute and community settings over five campuses: The Northern Hospital, Epping, Broadmeadows Health Service, Bundoora Extended Care Centre, Panch Health Service, Preston, and Craigieburn Health Service.
Northern Health's vision is 'Outstanding healthcare for our community'.
To apply our resources to work with our staff and partners, offering our diverse community excellence in health care and well-being through: prompt access; a health promoting approach to quality care; effective partnerships; and education.
The major aim of the Deakin University-Northern Health Clinical Partnership is to improve the quality and safety of healthcare by optimising clinical decision-making, increasing use of research evidence in practice and building research capacity, and ensuring effective workforce and service delivery models.
The major objectives of the Deakin University-Northern Health Clinical Partnership are to:
- conduct world class multidisciplinary research focused on optimising patient outcomes through effective risk management and workforce development
- increase research capacity by offering strong research supervision at Honours, Masters and PhD levels and mentoring clinicians as part of research teams
- to ensure research findings are integrated into clinical practice, education programs and healthcare policy by effective knowledge translation strategies
- develop, implement and evaluate evidence-based educational strategies that improve safety and quality of healthcare and decrease clinical risk, and
- develop, implement and evaluate innovative and sustainable professional programs that optimise workforce recruitment and retention.
Growing research capacity is one of the key aims of the Deakin University-Northern Health Clinical Partnership so we support a number of Bachelor of Nursing (Honours), Master of Nursing Practice and PhD candidates.
185 Cooper St,
Epping VIC 3076
Telephone: + 61 03 8405 8000
Partnership website - Northern Health