Deakin University - Northern Health Clinical Partnership
The Deakin University - Northern Health Clinical Partnership was established in 2007. Northern Health provides health care services to over 500,000 people living in Melbourne's Northern suburbs and semi-rural regions beyond the city fringe. Northern Health manages over 600 beds and provides care in acute, sub-acute and community settings over five campuses: The Northern Hospital, Epping, Broadmeadows Health Service, Bundoora Extended Care Centre, Panch Health Service, Preston, and Craigieburn Health Service.
Northern Health's vision is A Healthier Northern Community and outstanding healthcare for our community.
To apply our resources to work with our staff and partners, offering our diverse community excellence in health care and well-being through: prompt access; a health promoting approach to quality care; effective partnerships; and education.
The major aim of the Deakin University-Northern Health Clinical Partnership is to improve the quality and safety of healthcare by optimising clinical decision-making, increasing use of research evidence in practice and building research capacity, and ensuring effective workforce and service delivery models.
The major objectives of the Deakin University-Northern Health Clinical Partnership are to:
- conduct world class multidisciplinary research focused on optimising patient outcomes through effective risk management and workforce development.
- increase research capacity by offering strong research supervision at Honours, Masters and PhD levels and mentoring clinicians as part of research teams.
- to ensure research findings are integrated into clinical practice, education programs and heathcare policy by effective knowledge translation strategies.
- develop, implement and evaluate evidence-based educational strategies that improve safety and quality of healthcare and decrease clinical risk.
- develop, implement and evaluate innovative and sustainable professional programs that optimise workforce recruitment and retention.
Growing research capacity is one of the key aims of the Deakin University-Northern Health Clinical Partnership so we support a number of Bachelor of Nursing (Honours), Master of Nursing Practice and PhD candidates.
Northern Health: www.nh.org.au