The Partnership between Deakin University and UnitingCare Community Options (UCCO) was established in April, 2006 and has led to the appointment of Dr Goetz Ottmann.
The UCCO - Deakin partnership aims to conduct high quality research that adds to scientific knowledge and fosters resilience and wellbeing and self-determination in community-based aged and disability care.
- To conduct a research program in the areas of consumer involvement in the decision-making process, health, social care and multiple chronic illness capacity building, resilience building, and improving the lives of people with a disability; thereby enhancing the independence and wellbeing of individuals in community-based care settings.
- To encourage and support case managers to participate in research activities.
- To promote the integration of research findings into advocacy, educational programs, health care policy and professional practice.
- To develop and support research collaboration between UCCO, Deakin University and other partner organisations.
Current Research Activities
We aim to develop innovative strategies to support evidence-informed practice. In addition, our programs integrate knowledge, 'good practice', and research to promote the improvement of community-based care delivery models.
Community Aged Care
- Consumer-Directed community aged care
- Fostering resilience later in life
- Improving inter-professional communication in community aged care
- Multiple chronic illness management in the community
Community Disability Care
- Involving people with an intellectual disability in the decision-making process
- Safeguarding children with a disability
Goetz Ottmann, PhD (Sociology)
Brandon Office Park
Building 5, 530-540 Springvale Rd
Glen Waverley VIC 3150
Phone: 03 9239 26 39
Fax: 03 9244 61 59
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 03 9239 25 00