Staff profile - Alex Kuo
Mr Alex Kuo
|Position:||Manager, Marketing And Development|
|Faculty or Division:||Faculty of Business and Law|
|Department:||Marketing and Development|
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 92446156 +61 3 92446156|
Alex joined the Faculty of Business and Law in November 2010.
His current portfolio includes international and domestic recruitment, partnerships, marketing and communications and events management.
Prior to joining Deakin University, Alex was with VicRoads for two years as a Communications Manager, working on major infrastructure projects.
Alex has over 20 years of experience in advertising, marketing and communications. The bulk of his career was as a senior advertising copywriter in multinational advertising agencies such as DDB Worldwide, J. Walter Thompson, Clemenger Proximity, DY&R Wunderman, Ammirati Puris Lintas and Batey Ads. Alex also has a background in Internet business development, journalism and photojournalism.
His work has been recognised by a number of industry awards.
- 2010: Asia-Pacific PR Awards, Crisis or Issues Management Campaign of the Year, VicRoads/Springvale Road Rail Separation Project
- 2010: VicRoads Divisional Award, Springvale Road Rail Separation Project
- 2009: VicRoads Business Area Award, Eastern Projects
- 2006: Singapore Creative Circle Awards, Bronze Ambient, Panadol
- 2006: Singapore Outdoor Advertising Awards, Most Innovative Outdoor Idea, Panadol/Essential Pharmacy
- 2005: Singapore Outdoor Advertising Awards, Bronze Transit, Republic of Singapore Air Force
- 2003: Singapore Creative Circle Awards, Finalist Print, Springfresh
- 2002: Singapore Outdoor Advertising Awards, Bronze Poster, Standard Chartered Bank
- 2002: One Show, Merit Print Campaign, Giant Hypermart
- 2002: Asia-Pacific Advertising Festival, Finalist Print, Poppy Foral
- 2002: Asian Advertising Awards, Finalist Print, Giant Hypermart
- 2001: Singapore Creative Circle Awards, Bronze Print, Giant Hypermart
- 2001: New York Festivals, Silver Poster, Caltex
1999: Times Asia-Pacific Award, Bronze TV, Singapore National Arts Council