Dr Claire Henderson-Wilson
|Faculty or Division:||Faculty of Health|
|Department:||School of Health & Soc. Dev.|
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 92517268 +61 3 92517268|
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Deakin University, 1999
- Doctor of Philosophy, Deakin University, 2007
- Graduate Certificate of Higher Education, Deakin University, 2009
IAPS (International Association for People-Environment Studies)
NCFR (National Council on Family Relations)
Family, society and health
Health and sustainability
Subjects and units currently teaching
Unit Chair: HSH105, HSH206, HSH340
Lecturer: HSH306, HSH112, HSH207 and HSH740
Health benefits of contact with nature
Urbanisation and sustainability
Family health and wellbeing
Conferences and seminars
• Journal of Youth Studies, Copenhagen March 30-1 April 2015.
• IUCN World Parks Congress, Sydney 12-19 November 2014.
• International Ecohealth Conference, Montreal, Canada 11-14 August 2014.
• Australian Institute of Family Studies Conference, Melbourne 30 July-1 August 2014.
• National Centre on Family Relations 75th Anniversary Conference, San Antonio Texas, USA, 5-9 November, 2013.
• Australasian Professional Society on Alcohol and Other Drugs Scientific Conference, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, 24 - 27 November 2013.
• Australian Institute of Family Studies Conference, Melbourne, 25-27 July 2012.
• International Federation of Home Economics, Melbourne, 16-21 July 2012.
• 5th Healthy Cities: Working Together to Achieve Liveable Cities Conference, Geelong, 6 8, June 2012.
Awards and prizes
ARC APAI (Industry Partners) PhD scholarship holder 2003-2006
Faculty of Health, Medicine, Nursing and Behavioural Sciences Award for Excellence 2010
Health and Social Development Award for Excellence in Service 2010
Claire is a founding member of the Health, Nature and Sustainability Research Group, a member of the school's Health Tean Representatives, Research and Research Training Committee and a member of the Centre for Health through Action on Social Exclusion (CHASE) all within the School of Health and Social Development. Through her role as co-ordinator of the Family, Society and Health major, Claire liaises with external partners (such as family support agencies) to enhance graduate learning outcomes and foster community partnerships. Additionally, Claire regularly peer-reviews submitted manuscripts to national and international journals.
Housing and health
Families, environments and health
Human health benefits of contact with the natural environment
Quality of life