Staff profile - Craig Parker
Dr Craig Parker
|Faculty or Division:||Faculty of Business and Law|
|Department:||BL Deakin Business School|
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 924 46924 +61 3 924 46924|
- Bachelor of Science, Curtin University, 1994
- Doctor of Philosophy, Monash University, 1998
Member Australian Computer Society
Associate Editor, Australasian Journal of Information Systems
- Director, Master of Information Systems (2015)
- Co-Judge, Whitehorse Business Group's micro business awards (2012-2013)
- Member, Major Course Review Panel, Doctor of Business Administration (2010)
- Ethical, social responsibility, environmental responsibility (or "green") or corporate social responsibility aspects of IS
- IS and small and medium enterprises
Subjects and units currently teaching
MIS313 Strategic Supply Chain Management
MIS713 Supply Chain Management and Logistics
MIS741 Analysing the Impact of Digital Business
Current PhD students
Wahyudi Agustiono, Recruiting and maintaining SME involvement when designing voluntary inter-organisational IS, PhD Thesis, Principal Supervisor.
Helen Richardson, Communities of micro arts/crafts organisations: IS-enabled creativity and economic survival, PhD Thesis, Principal Supervisor.
Completed PhD students
Jeffrey Chamberlain (2014), Vendor consultant experiences developing ERP proposals for SMEs, PhD Thesis, Co-Supervisor.
Cecily Mason (2008) Virtual communities of enterprise value creation potential for regional clusters, PhD Thesis, Associate Supervisor.
Conferences and seminars
Contributions to conferences
- 2008 - Track Co-Chair, Small Business and IS, 19th Australasian Conference on Information Systems
- 2007 - Track Co-Chair, IS and Small Business, 18th Australasian Conference on Information Systems
Awards and prizes
- 2015 - Faculty award for effectiveness, excellence and exemplar practice in teaching and learning
- 2009 - Exemplars of Teaching Excellence, Faculty of Business and Law Award
- 2009 - School of Information Systems award in recognition of valuable contributions to teaching in MSC753 eBusiness and Supply Chain Management
- 2008 - Admitted as Fellow, Teaching Leaders’ Forum (formerly College of Distinguished Deakin Educators)
- 2008 - School of Information Systems Award in recognition of valuable contributions to teaching within MSC751 Online Solutions for Business
- 2008 - School of Information Systems award in recognition of outstanding contribution to service in regards to coordinating the postgraduate unit review
- 2007 - Vice Chancellor's Award for Teaching Excellence, Deakin University.
- 2007 - School of Information Systems award in recognition of valuable contributions to teaching in the School of Information Systems
- 2006 - Faculty of Business and Law Award for Rewarding and Promoting Excellent Teaching
- 2009 - School of Information Systems Award for being one of the top five researchers in the School.
- 2006 - Runner Up Best Paper for Parker, C.M. and Castleman, T. (2006) A Preliminary Meta-Analysis of SME-eBusiness Journal Publications: Current Trends and Future Research Opportunities Moving Beyond Adoption Factor Studies, 18th CollECTeR Conference on Electronic Commerce, Adelaide, Australia, 9 December.
- 2006 - Best Paper at Conference for Cybulski, J., Parker, C.M. and Segrave, S. (2006) Using Constructivist Experiential Simulations in RE Education, 11th Australian Workshop on Requirements Engineering, Adelaide, Australia, 9 December.
- 2006 - Best Paper Award #1 for Lichtenstein, S., Parker, C.M. and Hunter, A. (2006) Toward an Integrative Role for Intranets: An Interpretive Case Study of Intranet-based Dynamic Knowledge Integration in Socio-technical Networks, 17th Australasian Conference on Information Systems, Adelaide, Australia, 6-8 December.
- Small business adoption of innovations
- Environmental sustainability
- Green information systems
- Corporate social responsibility practices
Gunawan, G., Parker, C.M. and Mason, C. (2011) Encouraging small and medium enterprise ICT-based collaboration in industry clusters. Funding body: DEEWR - Endeavour Research Fellowships - Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations. Amount: $1,500.
IPA-Deakin SME Research Partnership
Parker, C.M., Burgess, S. and Al-Qirim, N.A.Y. (2015) 'A review of studies on information systems and SMEs in high ranked IS journals (2000-2014)', Australasian Journal of Information Systems, vol. 19, pp. S153-S173.
Parker, C.M., Bellucci, E., Torlina, L., Zutshi, A. and Fraunholz, B. (2015) 'How website design options affect content prominence: a literature-derived framework applied to SME websites', Journal of Internet Commerce, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 139-176.
Parker, C.M., Bellucci, E., Zutshi, A., Torlina, L. and Fraunholz, B. (2015) 'SME stakeholder relationship descriptions in website CSR communications', Social Responsibility Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 364-386.
Parker, C.M., Bellucci, E., Torlina, L., Fraunholz, B. and Zutshi, A. (2014) 'Conceptualising how SMEs incorporate green content in their websites', Australasian Journal of Information Systems, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 137-160.
Parker, C.M., Bellucci, E., Torlina, L., Fraunholz, B. and Zutshi, A. (2014) 'Towards a method for measuring the quality of environmental improvement communications on SME websites', Knowledge and Process Management, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 187-197.
Redmond, J., Walker, E.A., Parker, C.M. and Simpson, M. (2014) 'Australian SMEs waste to landfill', Australasian Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 297-310.
Carr, R., Parker, C.M., Castleman, T. and Mason, C. (2013) 'Factors affecting SME owner-managers' willingness to share knowledge online in rural local business networks', Journal of Internet Commerce, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 307-331.
Parker, C.M., Redmond, J. and Simpson, M. (2009) 'A review of interventions to encourage SMEs to make environmental improvements', Environment & Planning C: Government & Policy, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 279-301.
Parker, C.M. and Castleman, T. (2009) 'Small firm eBusiness adoption: a critical analysis of theory', Journal of Enterprise Information Management, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 167-182.
Parker, C.M. and Castleman, T. (2007) 'New directions for research on SME-eBusiness: insights from an analysis of journal articles from 2003 to 2006', Journal of Information Systems and Small Business, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 21-40.