Staff profile - Diane Phillips
Aprof Diane Phillips
|Faculty or Division:||Faculty of Health|
|Department:||School of Nursing and Midwifery|
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 92446119 +61 3 92446119|
- Master of Education, University of Melbourne, 1991
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Advanced Nursing), Lincoln Institute of Health Sciences, 1988
- Cardiac Nursing Course, Alfred Hospital, 1975
- Midwife Certificate, Royal Womens Hospital, 1971
- Registered Nurse, Victorian Nursing Council, 1970
- Doctor of Education, University of Melbourne, 2003
Member Australian College of Midwives Inc,Fellow Royal College of Nursing, Australia
Member of the Australian College of Midwives
Committee member of the 'Midwifery Education Standards Advisory committee (MESAC)
Fellow of the Royal College of Nursing Australia
Member of PSANZ (Perinatal Society of Australia and New Zealand)
Teaching in the postgraduate course of the Graduate Diploma of Midwifery for topics related to the care of women throughout all phases of childbearing and the care of the newborn infant.
Teaching in the Master of Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner) on the contemporary role of the Nurse Practitioner including leadership.
Awards and prizes
Deakin University Award for Teaching Excellence, 2009
Australian Learning & Teaching Council - Australian Awards for University Teaching: 2011 Citations for OutstandingContributions to Student Learning.
Dr Phillips research interests include professional education, women's health including pregnancy, labour and birth; women who use substances (illicit drugs, alcohol and tobacco) during pregnancy.