Staff profile - Dianne Thomson
Mrs Dianne Thomson
|Faculty or Division:||Faculty of Business & Law|
|Department:||School of Accounting Economics & Finance|
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 92446173 +61 3 92446173|
- Bachelor of Economics, La Trobe University, 1989
• Member, Faculty Board
• Curriculum Committee Member
• Academic Board Advanced Standing Officer, Bachelor of Business and Law
• Open Day Co-Ordinator (Melbourne Burwood Campus)
• Member, Victorian Education Board SDA School System
• Chairperson, School Board, NAPS, Nunawading
Bank management and international banking
Subjects and units currently teaching
MAF305 Bank Management
MAF306 International Finance and Investment
- Prudential supervision of banks and non-banks in Australia
- Structure and behaviour of financial institutions
- Demutualization, community banks and changing financial organizational form
• (with M. J. Abbott), 'Banking regulation and market forces in Australia', International Review of Financial Analysis, (forthcoming, 2001)
• (with M. J. Abbott), 'Community banking: A new form of deposit taking institution in Australia?', Agenda, vol. 7, no. 3, 2000, pp. 207-17.
• (with M. J. Abbott) 'Is there a future for mutual deposit taking institutions in Australia?', Economic Papers, vol. 18, no. 2, 1999, pp. 1-18.
• (with M. Abbott) 'Australian financial prudential supervisor: An historical view', Australian Journal of Public Administration, vol. 59, no. 2, June, 2000.
• (with M. Abbott) 'Banking regulation in Australia', in The Current State of Economic Science, ed. V. Singh, Tinberg Institute, vol. 3, 1999, pp. 1673-86.
• (with M. Abbott) 'The life and death of the Australian permanent building societies', Journal of Accounting and Finance History, vol. 8, no. 1, 1998, pp. 73-103.
• (with M. Abbott) 'A history of the co-operative housing societies in Victoria 1944-1996', Urban Policy and Research, vol. 15, no. 1, 1997, pp. 19-30.