Staff profile - Haijin Zhu
Dr Haijin Zhu
|Faculty or Division:||Instit for Frontier Materials|
|Department:||Instit for Frontier Materials|
|Campus:||Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 522 73696 +61 3 522 73696|
- Doctor of Natural Sciences, Chinese Academy Sciences, 2010
Institute for Frontier Materials, Deakin Univerisity
Conferences and seminars
1. DPI Cluster Review Meeting. Poster presentation: MRI of Polymer Coatings in the Presence of Metallic Substrates. Haijin Zhu, Hendrik P. Huinink. Dec. 1st ~ 2nd Utrecht, the Netherlands.
2. 12th Polymer Pacific Conference. Oral presentation: State of Water in the PU Coatings Investigated by a High Spatial Resolution MRI. Haijin Zhu, Hendrik P. Huinink. Poster presentation: Multiple Melting Behavior of a Polypropylene In-reactor Alloy. Haijin Zhu, Dujin Wang. Nov. 13th ~ 17th 2011. Jeju, South Korea.
3. DPI Coating Technology- Project Review Meeting. Poster presentation: MRI of polymer coatings in the presence of metallic substrates. Haijin Zhu, Hendrik P. Huinink, April 7th ~ 8th 2011, Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
4. 2008 American Physical Society March Meeting, Session B25: Polymer Blends. Poster presentation: Effect of compositional heterogeneity on the phase structure and crystallization behaviour of polypropylene in-reactor alloys. Dujin Wang, Haijin Zhu, Benjamin, Monrabal, Charles C. Han, March 10th ~ 14th, 2008, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
5. 2007 National Polymer Conference. Oral presentation (in Chinese): Study on the structure-properties relationship of polypropylene in-reactor alloys. Haijin Zhu, Xiuqin Zhang, Yongyan Pang, Xia Dong, Ying Zhao, Dujin Wang. October 9th -13th, 2007, Chengdu, China.
6. International Symposium on Polymer Physics. Poster presentation: Correlation of molecular architecture and rheological characteristic with the optical haze of LDPE blown films. Haijin Zhu, Dujin Wang, June 1st-5th , 2006, Suzhou, China
7. Challenges in Polyolefin Technology Developments and Opportunities for China: 289th Xiangshan Science Conference. Oral presentation: Correlations between component, microstructure and ultimate properties of polyolefin. November 6th ??? 9th 2006, Beijing, China.
8. "Energy", IMPRS summer school, June 1st ~ 8th, 2008, Partras, Greece. Poster presentation: Solid-state NMR study of the phase structure of polypropylene in-reactor alloy
9. "Polymer Synthesis", IMPRS winter School, March 31st - April 4th, 2008, Kloster Kirchberg, Germany. Oral presentation: Phase structure of polypropylene in-reactor alloy.
10. "Polymer Characterization", IMPRS-PMS Summer school , July 15th - 22nd, 2007, Istanbul, Turkey
11. "Polymer Materials Nano-scale Engineering of Bio-interface", Organized by Max-Plank/NSF Graduate Research School, May 27th ~ June 2nd 2007, Playa del Aro / platja d???Aro, Spain. Poster presentation: Microstructure origin of the optical haze of LDPE blown films.
Haijin Zhu has been always interested in finding answers to questions with complexity and multidisciplinary backgrounds. Over the past few years he has worked on several different projects and topics including: a) the structure and properties of multi-component polyolefin alloys; b) high spatial resolution Garfield NMR imaging of polymer coating in the presence of metal substrates. c) Designing and characterization of stimulus-responsive surface which can be used in water collection and release. Presently, his research interest focuses on the solid state NMR study of the proton conduction and transport mechanisms in Organic Ionic Plastic Crystals.
1. Hengrui Yang, Haijin Zhu, Marco M. R. M. Hendrix, Niek J. H. G. M. Lousberg, Gijsbertus de With, A. Catarina C. Esteves, John H. Xin, Temperature-Triggered Collection and Release of Water from Fogs by a Sponge-Like Cotton Fabric. Advanced Materials, 25(2013), 1150-1154.
2. Haijin Zhu, Hendrik P. Huinink, Sbastiaan J. F. Erich, Viktor Baukh, Olaf C. G. Adan, Klaas Kopinga, High spatial resolution NMR imaging of polymer layers on metallic substrates. Journal of Magnetic Resonance, 214 (2012), 227.
3. Hengrui Yang, Haijin Zhu*, Dujin wang, John H. Xin, In-situ Sdudy of the structure and dynamics of thermo-responsive PNIPAAm grafted on a cotton fabric. Polymer, 53 (2012), 3577.
4. Haijin Zhu, Hengrui Yang, Ying Zhao, Dujin Wang, The dynamic crystallization and multiple melting behavior of polypropylene in-reactor alloy: A differential scanning calorimetry study. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 121(2011), 1372.
5. Dongsheng Fu, Yunlan Su*, Baoquan Xie, Haijin Zhu, Guoming Liu, Dujin Wang*. Phase Change Materials of n-Alkane-Containing Microcapsules: Observation of Coexistence of Ordered and Rotator Phases. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 13(2011), 2021.
6. Haijin Zhu, Robert Graf, Dujin Wang, Hans W. Spiess, Solid-state NMR Characterization on the Multiphase Structure of Polypropylene In-Reactor Alloy. Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, 211 (2010),1157.
7. Fengjing Jiang, Haijin Zhu, Robert Graf, Wolfgang H. Meyer, Hans W. Spiess and Gerhard Wegner, Phase Behavior and Proton Conduction in Poly(vinylphosphonic acid)/Poly(ethylene oxide) Blends, Macromolecules, 43 (2010), 3876.
8. Haijin Zhu, Benjamin Monrabal, Charles C. Han, Dujin. Wang, Phase structure and crystallization behavior of polypropylene in-reactor alloys: insights from both inter- and intramolecular compositional heterogeneity, Macromolecules, 41(2008), 826.
9. Haijin Zhu, Yanfang Wang, Xiuqin Zhang, Yifan Su, Xia Dong, Qingkui Chen, Ying Zhao, Cun Geng, Shannong Zhu, Charles C. Han, Dujin. Wang, Influence of Molecular Architecture and Rheologial Characteristic on the Optical Properties of LDPE Blown Films, Polymer, 48(2007), 5098.
10. Hengrui Yang, Yunlan Su, Haijin Zhu, Hui Zhu, Baoquan Xie, Ying Zhao, Yongming Chen, Dujin Wang, Synthesis of amphiphilic triblock copolymers and application for morphology control of calcium carbonate crystals, Polymer, 48 (2007), 434.