Dr Lucy Zinkiewicz
|Faculty or Division:||Faculty of Health|
|Department:||School of Psychology|
|Campus:||Geelong Waterfront Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 52278497 +61 3 52278497|
|Fax:||+61 3 522 78621 +61 3 522 78621|
Dr Zinkiewicz is a Lecturer in the School of Psychology, and Deputy Course Chair of the Bachelor of Psychology (H345) at Geelong. She teaches social, health and organisational psychology at undergraduate level, and organisational psychology at postgraduate level, and supervises graduate diploma, honours, masters and PhD students.
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Queensland, 1997
- Graduate Certificate of Higher Education, Deakin University, 2007
Member, Society for Australasian Social Psychologists
Member, International Council of Psychology Educators
Member, Society for the Teaching of Psychology
Subjects and units currently teaching
Unit chair: HPS726
Coordinates HPS204, HPS207 and HPS304 at Geelong
Deputy Course Chair, H345 Geelong
Other teaching: classes and/or seminars in HBS110, HPS204, HPS207, HPS304, HPS726.
Social psychology, health psychology, organisational psychology, program evaluation, community psychology.
Principal or co-supervisor of PhD and doctoral projects relating to
- empathic responding on Facebook
- social psychology of massively multiplayer online gaming
Associate supervisor of PhD projects relating to
- alcohol and energy drink use
- values and attitudes of correctional services staff towards intellectually disabled offenders
- ideal standards in romantic relationships
- alcohol-related aggression
- environmental activism
Supervisor of Masters projects relating to
- bullying in the workplace
Supervisor of fourth year (Honours, Graduate Diploma) projects relating to
- work-related alcohol consumption
- alcohol related aggression
- disclosure of mental health issues in clinical psychology trainees
Awards and prizes
National Finalist, UniJobs.com.au Lecturer of the Year competition 2008
Deakin University Psychological Society 2008 Lecturer of the Year Runner-up (Geelong)
Deakin University Lecturer of the Year 2007, UniJobs.com.au Lecturer of the Year competition.
Social psychology of alcohol and other drug use, especially in relation to alcohol-related aggression and work-related drinking; teaching and learning of psychology.