Staff profile - Marzieh Parhizkar
Dr Marzieh Parhizkar
|Position:||Associate Research Fellow |
|Faculty or Division:||Instit for Frontier Materials|
|Department:||Instit for Frontier Materials|
|Campus:||Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 524 79321 +61 3 524 79321|
- PhD in Materials Engineering (Deakin University, Australia –2012)
- MSc in Textile Engineering-Textile Chemistry and Fibre Science (Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Iran –2007)
- BSc in Textile Engineering-Textile Chemistry (Yazd University, Iran –2004)
- Doctor of Philosophy, Deakin University, 2015
2012 – Present: Associate Research Fellow, Deakin University, Australia
2008 – 2012: PhD Candidate (DUIRS Award), Deakin University, Australia
Dr. Parhizkar has studied the effect of colour on emotions and its application to the textile industry during her MSc. During her PhD, she worked on the application of photochromism, i.e. colour-change in response to light, to textiles using the sol-gel technique to produce garments for such applications as UV protection. Her postdoctoral work has been focused on nanofibre production technologies and the surface modification and characterisation of nanofibres.
- Sol-gel processing
- Nanofibre production
- Parhizkar, M., Zhao, Y., Wang, X. and Lin, T., Photostability and Durability Properties of Photochromic Organosilica Coating on Fabric, Journal of Engineered Fibres and Fabrics, Accepted.
- Zhao, Y., Xu, Z., Parhizkar, M., Fang, J., Wang, X. and Lin, T., Magnetic Liquid Marbles, Their Manipulation and Application in Optical Probing, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, DOI 10.1007/s10404-012-0976-9.
- Liu, X., Cheng, T., Parhizkar, M., Wang, X. and Lin, T., Photochromic Textiles from Hybrid Silica Coating with Improved Photostability, Research Journal of Textile and Apparel, 2010, 14(2): pp. 1-8.
- Bafekrpour, E., Parhizkar, M., Fang, J., Wang, X. and Lin, T., A Novel Method to Investigate the Polystyrene Nanofiber Formation During Electrospinning Process, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Applications, 2013, 1(5): pp. 1-7.
- Parhizkar, M., Liu, X., Cheng, T., Wang, X. and Lin, T., 2010, Photochromic textiles from hybrid silica coatings: improvement of photostability, in ICIT 2010: Proceedings of the International conference on intelligent textiles, Dong Yang Press, Seoul, Korea, pp. 23-24.
- Parhizkar, M., Liu, X., Wang, X. and Lin, T., Enhancement of Photostability of Photochromic Fabrics from Sol-Gel Hybrid Silica Coatings, Proceedings of ARNAM/ARCNN 2010 Annual Workshop, p. 83.
- Parhizkar, M., Cheng, T., Wang, X. and Lin, T., 2010, Photochromic fabrics from hybrid silica surface coatings, in Chemeca 2010: Proceedings of the 40th Australasian Chemical Engineering Conference, Engineers Australia, [Barton, ACT], pp. 1-3.
- Parhizkar, M., Zhao, Y., Wang, X. and Lin, T., 2011, A Study on the Photostability of Photochromic Fabrics from Hybrid Organosilica Coatings, in Proceedings of the International Symposium on New Frontiers in Fiber Materials Science, pp. 32-33.
- Sutti, A., Wong, C., Rajkhova, R., Allardyce, B., Gestos, A., Parhizkar, M., Kirkland, M. and Wang, X., Short biocompatible nanofibres as a flexible building block for nano-scaffolds in tissue engineering, in International Conference on Nanotechnology in Medicine (NanoMED), UK, 7-9 November 2012, accepted for oral presentation.