Staff profile - Prasad Bhattacharya
Dr Prasad Bhattacharya
|Faculty or Division:||Faculty of Business & Law|
|Department:||Department of Economics|
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 92446645 +61 3 92446645|
- Doctor of Philosophy, Florida International University, 2005
- Master of Arts, Delhi University, 1999
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics), Jadavpur University (India), 1996
- Graduate Certificate of Higher Education, Deakin University, 2007
Member, American Economic Association
Member, Econometric Society
Research Associate, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis (CAMA), Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.
1. Member, Academic Programme Committee and Local Organizing Committee, Econometric Society Australasian Meeting 2012, organized by the School of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Faculty of Business and Law, Deakin University, Australia, 6th to 9th July 2012.
2. Convenor, Organizing Committee for the 14th Australasian Macroeconomics Workshop hosted by the School of Accounting, Economics and Finance, at Deakin University, 16th to 17th April, 2009.
3. Co-organizer, Monash-Deakin Conference on Economic Growth and Development, Monash University, Caulfield Campus, Melbourne, 30th November, 2009
• Analytical Methods
• International Economics
Subjects and units currently teaching
• Business and Financial Econometrics
• The Global Economy
• Business and Financial Forecasting
• Applied Econometrics for Economics and Finance
• International Trade and Policy
• Analytical Methods in Economics and Finance
• Macroeconomic Theory and Policy
• International Economics
Conferences and seminars
1.Australasian Meeting of the Econometric Society, various years 2.The Australasian Macroeconomics Workshop, various years 3. The Australasian Public Choice Society Conferences, various years
Awards and prizes
School of AEF Research Award, 2008
• Time Series Econometrics
• Empirical Analysis of Conflict, Civil War and Terrorism
• Applied Growth and Development
Regional Programme for Pre-disaster Natural Hazard Loss Estimation (Phase II), Asian Disaster Preparedness Center, Thailand, 2012
Deakin University Central Research Grants Scheme, Deakin University, Australia, 2010
Faculty of Business and Law Research Grants, 2007, 2008
CSaRO Research grants, 2011, 2012
CEPA Research grant, 2013
Bhattacharya, Prasad and Singh, Harminder (2010) Efficiency and unbiasedness in the Indian stock index futures market, Review of Futures Markets, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 239-263.
Bhattacharya, Prasad and Graham, Michael (2009) On institutional ownership and firm performance : a disaggregated view, Journal of Multinational Financial Managment, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 370-394.
Bhattacharya, Prasad S. and Thomakos, Dimitrios D. (2008) Forecasting industry-level CPI and PPI inflation : does exchange rate pass-through matter?, International Journal of Forecasting, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 134-150.
Bhattacharya, Prasad S., Karayalcin, Cem A. and Thomakos, Dimitrios D. (2008) Exchange rate pass-through and relative prices : an industry-level empirical investigation, Journal of international Money and Finance, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 1135-1160.
Bhattacharya, Prasad S., Singh, Harminder and Gannon, Garard (2007) Time varying hedge ratios : an application to the Indian stock futures market, Review of Futures Markets, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 75-104.